Probate Applications Assistance


Take the stress out of obtaining your Grant of Probate

The Will and Probate Centre will assist you with your probate application, just one of many legal services we provide from our Perth offices.

What is probate?

A probate is a certificate granted by the Supreme Court to confirm that a will of a deceased person has been proved and registered. The court will grant probate to the nominated executor of the estate. In Perth this takes place in The Supreme Court of Western Australia. The grant of probate allows the executor to administer the deceased’s assets and belongings according to the will.

Professional legal services

This can be a stressful time for families of the deceased. We’ll ensure that you receive the legal services you require with the necessary compassion and care in this tough time.

The grant of probate process

The first step in achieving the probate is locating the will and submitting it to court with an application. A judge then makes a decision on the validity of the will. In other words, whether it is the most recent and operative one. In Western Australia, if a person has married or remarried since making their will it could be considered null and void.

How can The Will and Probate Centre help you?

As the executor of the will, you may need to apply for a Grant of Probate; this is likely if the deceased held assets (such as bank accounts, shares or real estate) in their sole name or held real estate as tenants in common with another party.

If the deceased owned assets jointly with a spouse, those assets can be transferred by way of survivorship. We can assist you with processing an application to transfer these assets to the surviving spouse.

As Perth’s specialist probate lawyers, we will assist with your application for probate. We will obtain all necessary documents required by WA law to ensure your application is processed swiftly by the Court.

What if there is no will?

We will also assist with applications to the Supreme Court of Western Australia to obtain Letters of Administration, which will grant you the necessary rights of administration where a person passes away without leaving a will.

For any and all enquiries concerning wills, probates and letters of administration, contact us at Brook Legal |The Will and Probate Centre.

Get in Touch

Contact us today and see how we can help you with your Will and Probate requirements.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.